2016 is halfway gone, 4th of July Weekend is almost here, and guess what? Before we start celebrating the long weekend (three days and counting!), we put together a few out-of-the-box activities, and some all-time favorites we can’t miss on Independence Day. The list below includes what to wear, what to cook, how to decorate and things to do, all themed to the red, white and blue.
2. Wear these summer essentials from poolside BBQs to fireworks at the park.
3. Get your (lawn) game on with star-spangled bocce balls.
4. Cool off with a (Lady Liberty-approved) float on your nearest river or pool.
5. From Yankee Doodle Dandy to A League of Their Own, nothing says Independence Day quite like these classic American films.
6. Beyond hot dogs and floating by the pool, kids (and adults) need to be entertained. Channel you inner child with this DIY tree swing.
7. Put your own patriotic spin on the classic flag with felt, yarn and wooden beads.