Web Purchase Returns/Exchanges
Fossil UK is committed to making your shopping experience a success.
If you change your mind or are not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will accept returns of unused merchandise for up to 14 days from the day following receipt for a refund or 28 days for an exchange, or 30 days if the goods are faulty or wrongly supplied. Proof of purchase, such as a copy of the original Delivery Note is required for reimbursement of the full purchase price. In all cases, unless otherwise agreed, refunds will be made to the card used for the original payment.
In accordance with the relevant UK Consumer Rights and Distance Selling regulations, we will not accept returns, unless faulty, of:
- Items which have been personalised or specially manufactured for you
- Items which have been supplied in sealed packages for hygiene reasons, such as earrings, where the seal has been broken
Internet purchases will NOT be accepted as returns to Fossil retail stores or other stockists. They are identified on the invoice as such, and must only be sent back to our eCommerce Returns department.
To return your unused products for a refund please follow these steps:
- Notify us within 14 days of receipt that you wish to return the goods for refund, or within 30 days if the goods are faulty.
- Detach the Returns Label from the top of the RETURN FORM. Complete the RETURN FORM with the item which is being returned. Pack the merchandise, in its original tin or other immediate packaging, together with warranty book and all other enclosures, in a well-sealed box (preferably the one it was delivered in) along with a copy of the delivery note and the completed return form.
- Attach the supplied return label to the outside of your package and ship us the merchandise.
- All returns should be sent within 14 days of notification via a trackable carrier such as UPS. They should be insured and require a proof of delivery. Fossil is not responsible for packages lost in transit.
- You must pay for the cost of shipping the item back to us for return or exchange, unless it was due to our fault (e.g. wrong product supplied, or product not working). In these cases please contact us BEFORE returning the product and we will send you a pre-paid return wrapper.
We will assess whether the returned goods are in perfect, unused condition, and if so, we will refund the full purchase price and standard shipping cost within 14 days of receiving the returned goods. We will only refund to the same payment card used to place the original order.
If the returned goods are not of acceptable condition, we will contact you to offer a reduced refund or to arrange to send them back to you. If you do not respond within 14 days, we will just send them back to you.
Unfortunately we don't offer an exchange facility. Simply return your item(s) and reorder for a replacement. Your refund will be processed as soon as we've received your unwanted items.
You can now recycle your old watch with us.
If you're buying a new watch, we will recycle your old one for free.
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste. Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances, e.g. from batteries, will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol.
For Fossil watches, it is usually to be found in the Warranty or Instruction booklet.
Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
We Can Help
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old watch on a one-for-one basis. When you buy a new watch, we will take back an old one for recycling. Please ensure that it is clearly marked for disposal (not repair) and return it to:
What Is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com.