Setting Up Your Fossil Q Smartwatch With Android
Now that you’ve discovered which smartwatches are compatible with Android phones, you might be curious about how exactly to connect smartwatches to Android Wear. Follow the steps below to easily get started setting up your Fossil Q smartwatch with your Android phone—and harness the power of your new smart accessory to streamline your busy life.
1. Download Android Wear on Google Play.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions on your watch and your phone. First, tap “allow” to allow your phone to access your smartwatch’s location through Android Wear.
3. On your smartwatch, tap the screen to continue and select your preferred language.
4. Find the name of your smartwatch, which will be displayed on the watch screen.
5. On your Android phone, tap your watch name when it appears. Wait for the prompt, and tap “pair” on your phone to connect to your smartwatch via Bluetooth.
6. Once connected, the Android Wear app will automatically check for updates to your smartwatch.
7. Through the next prompt on your phone screen, copy your Google accounts to your smartwatch to access Google apps like Hangouts, Drive, Docs and more. You’ll be asked to enter your Google password on your phone to continue.
8. Through the next prompt on your phone screen, sync your contacts and click “allow” to enable Android Wear to make calls and send SMS messages through your smartwatch.
9. Next, sync your calendar by clicking “allow” on your phone screen and authorizing your smartwatch to access your calendar.
10. Now click “allow” on your phone screen to give your smartwatch access to display notifications sent to your Android phone.
Congratulations! You’re all set. Shop our favorite Android compatible smartwatches below, and for additional guidance about setting up your Fossil Q smartwatch with Android, watch this video.