Setting Up Your Fossil Q Smartwatch With iPhone
Now that you’ve discovered which smartwatches are compatible with iPhones, you might be curious about how exactly to connect smartwatches to iPhones. Follow the step-by-step setup instructions or watch the video below to easily get started setting up your Fossil Q smartwatch with iPhone—and harness the power of your new smart accessory to streamline your busy life.
1. Download the Android Wear app from the App Store.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions on your watch and your iPhone. First, tap “allow” to allow your iPhone to access your smartwatch’s location through Android Wear.
3. On your smartwatch, tap the screen to continue and select your preferred language.
4. Find the name of your smartwatch, which will be displayed on the watch screen.
5. On your iPhone, tap your watch name when it appears. Wait for the prompt, and tap “pair” on your iPhone to connect to your smartwatch via Bluetooth.
6. Once connected, the Android Wear app will automatically check for updates to your smartwatch.
7. Through the next prompt on your iPhone screen, copy your Google accounts to your smartwatch to access Google apps like Hangouts, Drive, Docs and more. You’ll be asked to enter your Google password on your iPhone to continue.
8. Through the next prompt on your iPhone screen, sync your contacts and click “allow” to enable Android Wear to make calls and send SMS messages through your smartwatch.
9. Next, sync your calendar by clicking “allow” on your iPhone screen and authorizing your smartwatch to access your calendar.
10. Now click “allow” on your iPhone to allow your smartwatch to display notifications sent to your iPhone.
Congratulations! You’re all set. Shop our favorite iPhone compatible smartwatches below, and for additional guidance about setting up your Fossil Q smartwatch with iPhone, watch this video.